Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Baby Play - Hanging Objects

Hanging objects within a baby's grasp creates a wonderful opportunity to develop hand/eye coordination. He can hit, grab and pull them from the ground and as he gets older he can sit or crawl between the objects. Hanging objects or mobiles also provide sensory stimulation and depending what you hang they can explore a variety of colours, shapes, textures and sounds.


Last week we found a shady spot under a tree and hung some objects with string for Digby to explore. I chose to hang some cane decorative balls that I bought from an op-shop and two fabric baby blocks which talented my sister-in-law made him for Christmas. She posted a great tutorial on making fabric baby blocks on her blog Just For Daisy.

I like to take play outside when I can because it is easy to start feeling cooped up when you've been at home all day. I find the best time to take the kids outside is late in the day or in the early evening when the sun's rays aren't too harsh on their skin or eyes. 


Once he had grown tired of looking up at his toys, I sat him up so he could experience them from another angle and the play session lasted twice as long.

9 comments:

  1. Oh I love this! I remember that awesome stage of grabbing and hitting at things... although I believe Digby has been doing this trick for awhile - clever boy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love seeing baby posts on It's Playtime. I think babies are overlooked sometimes. Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea to take these outside! I love being outside sometime in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait until it's warmer here to try this out. I love that you repurposed the decorative cane balls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies. I've been seeing a lot more baby play posts around. It's nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok where are you that you get to be outside like that!!! So glad you shared on TGIF! Would you please link up for Fun Stuff Fridays? http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2012/02/14-days-of-valentines-fun-stuff-fridays_10.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we are enjoying summer in the southern hemisphere! I'll link with you next week :)

      Delete
  7. Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact used to be a amusement account
    it. Look complicated to far brought agreeable from you!
    By the way, how can we be in contact?

    Also visit my web site; Detox My Mac

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty! This was aan incredibly wonderful post. Thanks for supplying
    these details.

    Feel freee to visit my website windows 8 loader daz password

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...